MB-1 Microphone Preamp Booster Manual
The MB-1 is a professional microphone preamp booster that operates on 48V phantom power, but does not pass phantom power to the microphone. This makes it ideal for ribbon and dynamic microphones alike. Housed in a solid aluminum enclosure, it's truly built for the stage or the studio.
- Turn down the trim / gain / volume on your preamplifier, sound board or audio interface.
- Connect your favorite dynamic or ribbon microphone to the input of the MB-1.
- Connect the output from the MB-1 to a preamplifier, sound board, or audio
interface that is capable of supplying 48v phantom power.
Note: MB-1 will not work without phantom power, that’s how it works its magic.
- Turn on the phantom power from sound board or audio interface.
Note: Waiting to turn on phantom power until this step will help avoid any unpleasant popping or clipping sounds.
- Slowly turn up your trim / gain / volume and enjoy 25dB of clean gain.
- 48v phantom power is REQUIRED.
- Do not attempt to use MB-1 with condenser microphones, it will not work and may damage your microphone or the MB-1.
- If you experience any noise, hums or radio interference, make sure that you’re using quality cables and have clean power running to your 48v device.
- If the device does not work, try swapping cables and double-check that phantom power is on.
- Do not disassemble or attempt to modify your MB-1. There are no user-serviceable parts inside, and this will void your warranty.
- Gain: 25dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz ± 1dB
- Input Impedance: 1.5kΩ
- Noise: -70dB
- Dimensions: 4" x 2" 1.5" / 100mm x 50mm x 38mm
A MESSAGE FROM OUR FOUNDER
As a gigging musician for 20+ years I’ve used way too much cheap gear in my life and I
know the importance of quality. Both in build quality and functionality. When you’re
performing, the last thing you should worry about is your gear. So our promise is to
deliver the best quality gear that can take all the rigors the road can throw at it and
deliver the performance the studio demands.
Coda Music Technologies is a musician's gear company. We understand gigging musicians
because we are gigging musicians. And we’re here to provide you with the absolute best
support possible. If you ever need anything just reach out through our website.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US?
Read our full story at: